Saturday, August 21, 2010

So is Sprint really the best cell provider I can go back to?

So I'm with T-mobile right now, and it's looking like I have to fire them- I bought the HTC HD2 3 months ago, the day it came out, paid my early-adopter penalty ($700 and change, I think $706 with tax) and now I'm thanking my lucky stars or common sense or whatever that I'm not stuck with T-mobile for 2 years.

I mean, I really like the people of T-mobile, they're always super nice and helpful, but seriously, no tech support for a $700 phone? I gotta go search the internet to try and figure out how to do what I want to do?

Ok, so on the HD2, tethering was pretty simple, tap "internet sharing" icon, then tap "connect".

But after exchanging the HD2 for various reasons, hardware failures, non-responsive touch screens, slow or freezing, disconnects constantly from the internet when using the phone as a modem, reandomly every 10 seconds to 10 minutes, won't save settings, requiring me to constantly tell it to automatically connect to bluetooth devices, it became apparent that the odds of getting one that actually worked was slim at best, so I reluctantly paid ANOTHER $50 for some more bleeding edge technology; the samsung vibrant.

But after downloading 145mb of kies program intended to allow me to use the phone as a modem, I still can't do it.

Called T-mobile, got reminded that "tech support isn't really their thing" (my paraphrasing),but I was encouraged to go eff myself- no wait, that isn't right, the girl was really nice, but in effect that is the upshot; I had to go to www.tmobile.com/forums to get help tethering the Vibrant, only to find a herd of blind leading the blind; I have only had the phone 2 days and knew more about it from google searching than these yahoos.

So I'm done with T-mobile; this is like buying a brand new car, not being able to open the trunk, and asking the dealership I bought it from for help, and being told to go search the web for answers, they have no idea what's wrong, and will take no responsibility for it, nor refund my $, though admittedly it was only $50 (loyalty program discount, don't be too impressed, they had a 1-day sale of the
Vibrant for $99) for a $400 phone, which I will now sell on ebay along with my HD2 to get at least some of my $ back, and just go to a phone that simply works.

No comments:

Post a Comment