Monday, September 20, 2010

GOOD NEWS / BAD NEWS; Palm is dead

I have been a Palm loyalist for years, but after trying the Nexus one, Nokia n900, HTC HD2, Samsung Vibrant, and finally the HTC EVO, I have to say, the Palm, which, let us credit the progenitors of the smartphone movement, has been surpassed.

The EVO is the best phone I have ever owned.

I will post more recommendations later, but the very best apps for android I have found thus far are;

Easy tether; use your phone as a modem for your computer, FAST connection, $10 vs $25 for PdaNet, and can apparently function even as modem for xbox, wii, ps3, etc. although this is untested at the time of this post, whereas pdanet does not.

Wiregoggles; should have been named "Instant Blueprint".

Googlemaps; toss your gps, which until this point had been the best $200 I ever spent, along with your phone/mp3 player/pda/etc you get spoken street name directions, poi search, etc and more.

voice input of text; even better than bluetooth keyboard input, my contacts have never been so organized.

4G is gonna rock the monkey; I turned to my wife as we were driving through and said; "We have to move to Orange County." She looked at me questioningly so I elaborated; "I just tested the download speed; 31 MEGABYTES PER SECOND(!).

No comments:

Post a Comment